Last modified 05 September 2019
This site is operated by Dsposal Ltd and our sister social enterprise Your Dsposal Ltd ("we", "us", "our"). Dsposal Ltd and Your Dsposal Ltd are both companies incorporated in England and Wales with company number 10145252 (Dsposal Ltd) and company number 12422433 (Your Dsposal Ltd) both with registered offices at DH Business Support Ltd, Office 6, 12 Jordan Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, England L1 0BP. We understand how important it is to protect and respect your privacy.
When we determine the purpose for which we process your personal data we'll be acting as a data controller and where we just process personal data in accordance with your instructions we'll be acting as a data processor as defined under the applicable Data Protection Laws.
What information do we collect and process?
Information you give us. We collect information about you that you give to us, for example by any of the following ways (if applicable):
- Filling in forms on our site
- Talking to us through our site, email or any other method of communication
- Registering to use our service
- Paying any subscription fees for our service
- Using our search functions
- Uploading documentation onto our site
- Requesting/responding to enquiries from other users of our service
- Reporting a problem with our site
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
To the extent that this information constitutes personal data as defined under the Data Protection Laws, we'll process this personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we may receive about you from third parties, including through the Environment Agency by linking to their Electronic Public Register API, and any other third parties that may help us operate our site e.g. providers of technical, payment and search services. This information may include personal data which will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
- To provide our services to you and improve our site and services. We use personal data to provide our services to you through the site, to forward information about the services available to you, to provide user support, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, to process and complete payments or transactions, to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research and statistical purposes. We may also use personal data to improve our site and make sure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To contact you. We may use your personal data to send e-mail and postal communications, for example, we may send you notifications specifically in relation to your account or email you about any changes to our site and services. We may also write to you for verification purposes in certain circumstances.
- For legal/contractual reasons. We may use and share personal data to comply with legal obligations and where necessary in relation to your contract with us or because you have asked us to do something so that we can enter into a contract with you. We'll only use this information to the extent necessary to provide the service to you and other users.
We'll process any personal data collected in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
We'll combine the information we collect from you with information we collect from other sources. We'll use the combined information for the purposes of providing the services to you and other users of our site.
We may share your information with:
- Third-Party Service Providers. Who help us operate our site e.g. providers of technical support, payment and search services, and need to process the information on our behalf so that we can provide the services that we are contracted to provide. We'll only disclose this information to the extent necessary to provide the service to you and other users.
- Third Party purchasers. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we'll disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We'll make sure that your information is kept in a secure manner and not used for the third party's own purposes. We'll only process your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purpose it was collected for.
Where will we store your personal data?
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SLL technology. Where we've given you (or where you've chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you're responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please don't share this with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we'll do our best to protect your personal data, we can't guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we'll use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What else do you need to know?
Third Party Websites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of other users of the service. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Access to information
The Data Protection Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Laws by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Right to be forgotten
If we no longer have a legal basis to process your personal data or if the legal basis that we are relying on is consent and you subsequently withdraw your consent then we'll stop processing your personal data. If you tell us that you no longer wish to be contacted by us we'll need to maintain a record of that to make sure that we don't contact you again in the future.
If you believe any of the personal data that we process is inaccurate you're entitled to contact us to correct any inaccuracies at email@example.com . Where we agree that the personal data held by us is inaccurate we'll correct such inaccuracies without undue delay.
We hope that you are happy with the way that we process your personal data. If not, please tell us and we'll do everything we can to rectify this. If you're not happy with the way we deal with your concerns please be aware that you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner.